Monday, August 4, 2008

28 days

Can it really only be 4 weeks until school starts? There was so much I wanted to do this Summer, and pretty much none of it has gotten done. Now I'll have to start worrying about things like buying school supplies and making sure everyone has shoes (not just flip flops) that fit. Then I'll have to worry about getting everyone back on track with going to bed early, and probably think evil thoughts about the fact that Grayson and Rowan's school is apparently moving their start time up to 7:45AM. And if I really wanted to make myself crazy I could think about the fact that last Spring I signed all three of them up for Fall soccer. I don't even want to think about how that's going to complicate my afternoons, not to mention rob me of every Saturday in September and October. Plus we'll have boy scouts for Fuller and cub scouts for Grayson and I, and did I mention that I gave Fuller permission to try band this year, another after school activity? Deep breaths....need to take more deep breaths!

7 comments:

Candy said...

You'll do great! I don't want to believe there are only 28 days left of summer -- Oh how I love the non structured time of summer:)

Shannon b said...

*Well, from your recent blog posts it sounds to me like you have done TONS this summer! But maybe not the things YOU wanted to do.
*Good luck with the fall! There are just too many "good" things to do.

Anonymous said...

I know, I am getting a little worried about how fast the first day of school is sneaking up on us, too. I haven't heard anything yet about the earlier start, but now I'm curious! Yikes. Those early morning are going to hit my boys pretty hard, they have been staying up WAY to late this summer. I need to start getting them back on more of a schedule. Bailey said he had a great time today, thanks again for your help!

Elder Caleb Habel said...

Oh Yes the back to school panic attack! I hear ya. Just breathe, we'll all make it through. :0)

Warmbeachjo said...

Exactly 4 weeks from today Noah and I will start school. As an upper classwoman Alyssa has 4 weeks and 1 day. I'm putting off buying school supplies till the end of the month. The nice thing about having older kids is that they need fewer supplies. Good luck!

Rochelle said...

Don't be counting down, just enjoy the days, counting makes it come faster!

Jodi said...

You may have ruined my day! (just kidding) BUT seriously...I can't believe it is only 27 days away. YIKES! I'm not ready for summer to end...didn't it JUST get here???