Saturday, August 9, 2008

When wishes come true

It's such a wonderful feeling to know that you have helped make your child truly happy! Last night as we drove home from Grayson's birthday party he sleepily proclaimed, "That was the best birthday EVER!" Grayson is not one for big parties or being the center of attention. He likes to have fun, and he likes to be with family. For his birthday this year he really wanted to go to Chuck E Cheese, so of course we went. It's not Paul or my favorite place, but it's a really easy way to make Grayson's day.
We dined on cheese pizza.


The kids burned their way through about 200 tokens. We came to the conclusion that we need to keep Grayson away from Vegas. He could develop a seriously bad gambling problem!


Grandma and Grandpa even braved Chuck E Cheese! (And when I say braved, I mean braved! It was a hot, loud, crowded nightmare in there).


Then we headed to Grandma and Grandpa's house for presents and cake.
Grayson's big wish this year was for a camera. He loves taking pictures and videos with ours, and really wanted one he could use "without permission".

The excitement on his face when he saw his camera was priceless.


He got many other exciting things, like LEGO Indian Jones sets, a new Wii game, an iDog, and some very generous envelopes. He was so tickled with everything!


This year Grayson decided he wanted red velvet cake, just like Daddy and Grandpa.


And make a wish!


Of course no family party would be complete without Rowan using the guests as climbing equipment! Sorry Uncle Jim and Aunt Enid!













He was the happiest kid ever! As he was about to fall asleep in the car he said, "Mom, can you put all my presents on my desk for me? I want to see everything RIGHT when I wake up."

This morning he started out his "real" birthday with his annual bowl of cookie crisp.

Then we were off to the zoo for a day of fun. It's been a very full birthday weekend, and so great to get to enjoy our special birthday boy! And be on the watch, he said now that he has his own camera, he'd like to have his own blog too.

5 comments:

Candy said...

Wow You guys have such fun parties and activities for birthdays! I love it!

Gina said...

Kirk & I are not big fans of Chuck E. Cheese, so our kids have only been once. I'm glad Grayson had such a great day.

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, Grayson!!! We go to Chuck-E-Cheese quite a bit for Bailey's bday, usually with Kate because it has become tradition for them to spend their bdays together, but as fun as it is for them I always leave feeling exhausted, and GERMY! But they love it. Glad you guys had such a good time :)

Rochelle said...

I love the cereal idea, that's great! I'm glad he had so much fun!

Nicole said...

Oh man Michelle you cracked me up when you said he could potentially have a gambling problem because he burned through his tickets so quick. That is hilarious! We love CEC. Although, Cameron embarassed me last time we went b/c he burned through his tokens quickly and went around begging total strangers for more. I felt horrible!