Thursday, August 21, 2008

Ick, Ick and MORE Ick

It would appear that our sunny, Summer fun days are over. I should have known that the weather would get cold and rainy once soccer practices started. I spent a very chilly Monday evening watching Fuller's team run around in the rain. Tuesday brought with it a whole different kind of ick, in the form of Rowan throwing up all over the house. I let Paul freeze through Grayson's cold/wet practice that night. After being up with Rowan most of Tuesday night, I spent Wednesday with the dreaded knowledge that he had given me what he had. Such a generous bug! We're all feeling slightly better today, but it's raining again. Both Fuller and Grayson have practice tonight, so I guess I'll have to sit through one or the other's. Is it too much to ask for a few more nice, sunny, carefree days? I need a few more afternoons of sitting in my backyard reading a good book, and watching the boys swim. I'm just not ready for all the schedules, rain and illnesses of Fall!

4 comments:

Gina said...

Luckily, Evan's soccer practices don't start until next week. I'm hoping for better weather by then. I hate having pukey kids. I hope mine don't get it.

Rochelle said...

Seriously is this August?

Jodi said...

This weather is depressing for August. I think it is supposed to clear up for next week. I'll be keeping my fingers crossed because I am definitely NOT ready for fall weather yet :(

You have me second guessing my decision to sign Ben up for soccer. UGH!

Candy said...

Oh, I hope you are better in time for the retreat! I hate it when the bug spreads to moms!