Sunday, August 24, 2008

Grayson's special day

Yesterday was a very special day for our whole family, Grayson was baptized and confirmed. Grayson had been having some anxiety and nerves about his baptism, but ended up being just fine. His baptism was just like him, short, sweet, and with a few bumps along the way. He started his day off with some special father/son time. Paul took him out for hot chocolate and a cinnamon roll in the morning, and then they headed to the church book store so he could get his own set of scriptures.


When I think about Grayson's baptism I wonder what his memories of it will be. Will he remember that no children's baptism clothes could be located, and that he had to wear adult clothes rolled way up? Will he remember how much he giggled as he tried to exit the font with those long, wet baptism clothes weighing him down? I know he won't remember his sweet smile right before he was confirmed, but I will. I hope that he will always remember what a gift it is to be baptized, and what a wonderful event this is in his life.



I know he will remember Grandma and Grandpa being there, and the beautiful leather journal they gave him. He started writing about his baptism in it last night.

I'm so proud of him!

6 comments:

Paige said...

I'm so glad I got to be there! Congratulations, Grayson! You are a great kid!

Rochelle said...

What a great day for sure! I am so happy for the good choices our young boys make by choosing to be baptised!

Tiffini said...

What a big day. I am impressed that he started writing in his journal that night. He will be glad that he did that when he gets older.

Shannon b said...

what a great day! And the little glitches will just make it all the more memorable. Good for Grayson for writing in his journal right away.

Jodi said...

What a special moment in his life. Congratulation, Grayson!

Anonymous said...

I think all the little quirks just added to the special memories, and it didn't even seem to phase him a bit. We enjoyed being there to share in his special day, so thank you! As always when I see a child baptised it brings tears to my eyes.