Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Phelps Fans

We've been having a blast watching the Olympics with the boys. (Well, except for when Rowan declares that he's bored, and it's time for a kid show.) They have all become die hard Michael Phelps fans. They want me to check on the computer every morning to see if he won any more medals or broke any more records while they were asleep.

I think it's amazing for them to watch history being made.

The other sport that it's been interesting to watch with them is men's gymnastics. They crack me up as they run around and do somersaults, and proclaim that "that's not that hard". I think Grayson already thinks he could give some of the Olympians a run for their money! I can't wait for the track and field events to begin so they can start throwing "discus' and javelins" around my living room.

6 comments:

Aundrea said...

We were just talking about how funny it is that we all become judges and experts when the olympics roll around..."oh, look how big that splash was!" "man! they didn't stick that landing!" lol!

Rochelle said...

Did I forget to mention to all of you that I am a pro at judging the Olympics. I love how critical I am and yet I have no clue!

Enid said...

So fun! The Olympics have me itching to coach swimming again after a two year break. Will be good to see if I feel the same in a month since it involves getting up at 0-dark-thirty in the middle of the winter.
Watch for a javelin thrower named Kara Patterson, a former student. What a great kid. So excited for her!
Also, let's talk Ape Caves as soon as the super heated weather ends. Jim would be delighted.
Big hug to the boys.
E

Candy said...

We are loving the games here as well! I am staying up way to late watching and hoping we win lots of medals! We have always been great fans of the Olympics - Cahd is waiting for track and field to start!

RYD said...

And how much do we love that Michael Phelps loves his mom?? :)

Nicole said...

We have been watching the Olympics every night, staying up waaaaay too late and yet I can't seem to stop watching it. I love the Olympics!