Monday, February 4, 2008

Colonel Mustard, in the ball room, with the lead pipe

Fuller and Grayson have recently traded in their morning chess battles for a rousing game of CLUE each morning before school. Grayson hates to lose, so he usually tries to guess way too early, thus ending the game and making Fuller the winner by default. Lately I've been waking up to the sounds of Fuller begging Grayson to not guess, and trying to convince him that there's no way he could possibly have the right answer already. This game has been a bit challenging for Grayson, since some of the words are a bit above his reading level, but he can now add "conservatory", "billiard", and "revolver" to his list of sight words. You just never know when one of those might pop up in the first grade reading books!

4 comments:

Aundrea said...

Wow! How do you get your kids up early enough to have time to play a *game* before school?? I have a hard enough time getting them to be able to brush their teeth with time to spare:)

Michelle said...

Unfortunately my kids are all "morning people" (and I am not!) They are usually up by 6 or 6:30, sometimes even as early as 5:30.

Rochelle said...

I would be in tears if my kids got up at 5:30.
This is one of my favorite games!

Nicole said...

That's hilarious!!