Sunday, February 10, 2008

Good Things

Yesterday was a day of many good things!

- Fuller scored his first ever 3 point shot! And even better, he was able to focus on the positive of that moment and ignore the fact that his poor team lost-again.
- A 9 hour date with my husband.
-Wonderful grandparents who willingly sign on to entertain the monkeys all day long.
- Lunch out.
-Going to IKEA.
- Going to see "I am Legend", (which was a wonderfully updated version of the 70's cult classic "Omega Man", I really preferred Will Smith's portrayal of the lead character to Charleton Heston's!)
-Getting to spend time at "my happy place" - also known as Powell's. Row after row of books, what could possibly be better!

- Dinner at the Olive Garden.
- Having the boys in their jammies with their teeth already brushed by the time we came to pick them up.
- All three boys falling asleep on the way home!

10 comments:

Paige said...

Wow. What a fabulous day. I'm glad you got some great quality time with Paul and that the boys were in such good hands.

Shannon b said...

wow! All of that in just ONE day?! I'm sure anyone of those on their own would make a fabulous day.
*yes, Legend was a good movie.
*and can I say that I am probably the only person in the greater metro area who has NOT been to IKEA yet!

Tiffini said...

Wow--a day long date! How will he top that on Valentines day?

Nicole said...

I'm surprised that I didn't see you at IKEA, we were there too from 2:00 to 5:00. Sounds like a wonderful day with your hubby.

Jodi said...

The day sounds great but my favorite part would have been coming home to kids with brushed teeth and jammies on! It doesn't get any better than that!

PS...Way to go, Fuller! A three point shot is no easy feat! Too cool :)

Rochelle said...

If I could choose my perfect day all of these things would be on my list. Except I would see a different movie!
What a great day!

Anonymous said...

So fun, what a perfect all day date :) I'm with you, I could spend hours in a bookstore. And I have at B&N. I'll have to ask you more about Legend ... as you know I whimped out :)

Anonymous said...

And that's awesome that Fuller got a 3 pointer!!! I used to feel so on top of my game when I would land one of those :) The lay-ups I always had problems with though.

Rochelle said...

I see you like to read! If you are interested check out The Sisterhood of the Traveling Books. If you would like to join just email me, there is a link on the main page.

Marie said...

What a fun day you had! I may have to watch that show one day when it's out on video - I think I'm still traumatized from the original way back when...I looked out for the night people for years!