Friday, February 29, 2008

I hope...

I hope that when Fuller looks back on fifth grade, that he will remember all of good times. I hope that he will remember his friends and family, and the fun things we did together. I'm really going to have to hold onto this hope, because this has not been a good year, and the "fun" isn't over yet. This year Fuller was on a soccer team that lost all but one of their games, and a basketball team that lost all of their games. A hard blow for a competitive kid like Fuller. I can't even begin to describe my relief when he said he didn't want to play baseball. Then there is the whole school situation. He had a good teacher for a few months, then has had a not so good substitute for several months. Today this situation got even more interesting. Fuller came home with a letter telling us that the long term sub has resigned, and a new long term sub will be starting on Monday. To say that we are excited about this teacher leaving is an understatement, but with all of the turmoil in this classroom it will be really amazing if he actually makes any academic growth. Hopefully the new substitute will be the right person to end this year more positively. And one final blow, this week one of Fuller's very best friends announced that his family is moving to Nevada in April. I am just counting the days until summer vacation, we really need a break!

3 comments:

Jodi said...

He sure has had quite a few blows this year...poor kid. Fortunately, he has an amazing family that has made great memories with him...those are the things he will remember.
And I am keeping my fingers crossed for this new sub...hope she/he turns out to be amazing!

Rochelle said...

I hope all works out with the teacher. Good luck!

Marie said...

I've heard really good things about this one...so we add our hope to yours! Too bad Fuller's had all the other disappointments to deal with too. Good thing kids are so resilient!