Sunday, March 2, 2008

Aebleskivers

Also known as hot buttery orbs of deliciousness! These are the perfect Saturday morning treat, crisp on the outside, light and fluffy on the inside.

Here's my technique:
Step one- borrow your mom and dad's aebleskiver pan. Apologize in advance to any future house guests of theirs who will not be getting this treat for breakfast, as I plan on keeping the pan for awhile. (Thanks again Mom and Dad!)


Step two- Allow children to whine at dad to make them, until he grudgingly agrees.

Step three- Stand back and watch the magic happen.
Here's Paul coating the pan with a generous amount of butter.

Then you pour in the batter.

This is the tricky part, turning the aebleskiver. You have to turn it just right to keep it from burning, but you want a perfect ball, thoroughly cooked.

Mmmmmm.... perfection!

Top with homemade blackberry jam, or syrup and dig in.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Whatever those are, they sure look yummy!!! And if they go well with Jam then they sound even yummier :)

Paige said...

Yum! I saw these in the paper once and they look SO good! Now I know where to go go borrow a pan. :)

Marie said...

These look so good. I've never heard of them.

Mark said...

Thanks for the step by step. I like the stopping half way technique. I just made these for the first time recently and they didn't turn out as well. You can also fill them with jam, fruit, nuts, etc... too. I just checked out William-Sonoma's step by step. They've had some yummy recipes for these in their catalogue as well.

Shannon b said...

YUMMY! Years ago I got one of these pans for my parents and they loved it.