Sunday, March 23, 2008

A very happy Easter

We started our Easter weekend off with a fabulous time at the community Easter egg hunt. The weather was fantastic this year so it was a little more crowded than usual. But at least we weren't soaked and muddy by the time it was over like we have been in previous years. This year Grayson and Rowan were in the same age bracket, so I got to stay and watch them while Paul went with Fuller to the big kids section. I was a little concerned about Grayson and Rowan being in the same section, since they tend to battle with each other, but there were so many other kids that once the hunt started I don't think they even saw one another.


Even with the big crowds the kids made a really good haul. Fuller only has one more year left before he's too old, so I think he was trying to make the most of it.


After the hunt we had to start the search for a golden ticket!


Some of the eggs have a ticket that you can redeem for a prize, instead of just having candy in them. Grayson got one a few years ago and has been determined ever since to get another one. This year was just not our year, we only came away with candy.



Later in the afternoon we got to work on our eggs. It just wouldn't be right not to color a whole bunch of eggs.














Rowan kept dropping and cracking his eggs. So we're going to have some really colorful egg salad one of these days.


Everyone went to bed excited for the next day.
The Easter Bunny came of course. I heard the pitter patter of little feet before 6AM running through the dining room and checking out what he brought. I think a fair amount of chocolate was eaten before breakfast!


Before we left for church I tried to get a good picture of the boys, most of them turned out like the one on the right.











Then after church we loaded up and drove into town to spend the afternoon with my parents and Jim and Enid. My mom made a super delicious feast, and we ate and visited the afternoon away.

I have really been wanting to get a decent picture of the five of us, so I thought this might be a good time to try. This is the best we could do. Someday I'll have to post the out takes of this attempt, the other 10 tries.


We're always glad when we get to spend time with Uncle Jim and Aunt Enid,


And of course snuggling up with Grandma and Grandpa.

What a wonderful day!

3 comments:

sheila said...

Happy Easter, My attempts to take pics of the girls weren't all that successful, either!

Tiffini said...

I am glad I am not the only one having a hard time getting a good picture. I will post mine later but in the best one Zach has a "strained" smile. It looks like you had a great weekend.

,,,, said...

My 5 yr old was looking over my shoulder as I was reading this and nearly jumped over the couch when he saw the baskets. He and his sister got the same puppies from the Easter bunny!