Tuesday, February 12, 2008

The Valentine Box


Last week Fuller brought home instructions for making a box to receive valentines in. It was to be a standard shoe box, have a theme, and have at least one three dimensional addition to the box. I instantly flashed back to boxes and envelopes I made as a child; pink, purple and red creations with white paper doily hearts and shiny red heart stickers. I started thinking about how cute it would be to have curled up pink pipe cleaners with hearts attached to the ends, as the three dimensional element. And then I remembered that I am the mother of boys, and they tend to see things a little differently. Fuller instantly knew that he wanted to do a sports theme, and had no trouble finding pictures in Sports Illustrated that he wanted to put on his box. Cool theme, but not too Valentine-ish. I quietly put a sheet of heart stickers on the table where he was working, and he added a few to his design. I must admit I liked his end result, especially the addition of the Lego basketball hoop. I think one of these years I'll have to hold my own Valentine's party, so I can have a reason to buy paper lace doilies.

5 comments:

Tee/Tracy said...

LOL. That is adorable. I have fond memories of my valentine "mailboxes", too.

I'm also a mother of boys. Loved this post.

Paige said...

You are welcome to do paper heart doilies with my girls whenever you want. I aspire to do things like that, but this wasn't the year. Awesome box, Fuller!

Rochelle said...

I am so behind I haven't even started helping my kids with boxes. I'm going to show Talon Fuller's! I love the basketball hoop!

Anonymous said...

I hope that your boys marry the sweetest and easiest to get a long with girls, and that they give you lots of grandaughters!!!

And that is a pretty cool box :)

Jodi said...

So funny! The box turned out great. I agree, the hoop is a nice addition!
There are always granddaughters...I'll keep my fingers crossed for you and your paper heart doillies!