Thursday, July 3, 2008

Summer activities


Grayson and Rowan with "Popcorn" the corn snake

The last few weeks I've been trying to drag the boys out for some "educational" fun, compliments of our local library. Last week I tortured them by taking them to a puppet show, which two of them claimed they were "too old" for. But I saw them laughing and smiling so I think they enjoyed it in spite of themselves. The program this week was the reptile lady. She brought a little alligator, a number of snakes, and several other lizards and bugs. They were pretty interesting to look at and the lady doing the program obviously knew a lot about them. Unfortunately it was pretty clear that she's more comfortable and skilled at interacting with reptiles than she is humans. Next week - Latin-American folk music.

5 comments:

Jodi said...

Oh man...we totally missed out. I think Ben would have loved to intermingle with all those reptiles. What a cool, yet educational, experience!

Is this every Wednesday at 1pm?

Michelle said...

Now thru August 13 they have a program every Wednesday at 1PM.

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad I had an excuse not to go to this! I got to stay at home and snuggle up with baby Josie while Todd took the boys!!!! Just knowing there would be snakes there gave me the heebie-jeebies. So gross! Looks like your boys are enjoying their summer as much as ours :)

Candy said...

We missed it I had to go to Longview - this was the one the kids really wanted to go to so I did not mention it and today Hayden asked if it was library day and I had to tell her - she was not happy with me to say the least!

Elder Caleb Habel said...

Oh man my boys would have loved the reptile show, I just think I probably would have passed out. I am NOT a fan of the slithering type. Yikes.