Wednesday, September 3, 2008

1 down, 173 to go


Well we officially made it through our first day of school. There was quite a bit of nervous energy in the morning, and great relief on my part once Fuller and Grayson were safely deposited at school. Rowan and I had a very nice day together. The kinders don't really get started until next week, but we will be going in tomorrow to meet with his teacher. He was reveling in getting everything to himself today. When we got back from dropping Fuller off he promptly grabbed one of Fuller's prized possessions and one of Grayson's and sat smugly smiling on the couch. What a little stinker! When I picked Grayson up he proclaimed that he actually likes 2nd grade! A big deal from my school hating child. Then off to get Fuller. He was excited about being at a new school this year, especially about having a locker. He got in the car and said 6th grade ROCKS! He loves his homeroom teacher, who it turns out he has for five of his nine periods. She put little treat bags with fruit snacks, chips, pencils and pens in their lockers to give them a little extra incentive for figuring out their combinations. So far all signs are pointing to a good year! I'm hoping day two is just as good.

6 comments:

Shannon b said...

glad everyone had a good day! And the treats in the lockers . . . what a great idea . . . sounds like a very fun teacher.

Jodi said...

I remember that feeling of getting a locker for the VERY FIRST TIME! SO fun! And it sounds like Fuller is going to have a great year...what a fun and thoughtful teacher to put treats in their lockers for extra incentive. Cute!
And picturing Rowan with his brother's stuff...made me giggle!

Aundrea said...

I'm glad everyone had a good day! I loved 6th grade and getting a locker:) I think I had pictures of Kirk Cameron all over mine:)

Paige said...

Woo hoo! I'm so glad Fullers day turned out well. And Grayson, too. ;)

Anonymous said...

Isn't is so nice to get a good report at the end of the first day?! How fun for Fuller that he gets a locker this year ... he must feel so grown up :)

Rochelle said...

YAY! I'm glad everyone is off to a good start!