Sunday, September 7, 2008

Firsts

This past week was a big one for Rowan. He had his first day of kindergarten on Friday. I had to laugh/cringe as I watched him walk down the hall with the rest of his class. He was doing his patented hop on one leg move. He was so excited and bouncy that I couldn't help but smile, but I also felt a little worried for how he would settle down for his teacher. I didn't get to check in with her at the end of the day, so I'm just hoping he was ok.


He also had his first soccer game this weekend. Five year olds are great entertainment. Most of them didn't have a clue what was going on. The coach kept having to remind them not to use hands and which direction to go, and one kid on his team just flung himself on the ball like he was tackling it every time he got near it.




I didn't notice it when I was taking the pictures at Rowan's game, but when I went to download them I was so tickled by what a big smile he had in pretty much every picture. He was REALLY having a good time!




Grayson had his first game of the season too. His team is interesting to watch. I think they're really starting to understand the game and "get" positions and teamwork.


Grayson had been really excited about getting to be goalie, but most of the time that he was goalie he looked something like this.

I think his lack of "goaliness" irritated Fuller, and he started trying to give him some direction.





We lucked out and Fuller didn't have a game this Saturday, but starting next weekend we'll have three games to get to every Saturday. Should make things interesting.

4 comments:

Elder Caleb Habel said...

Well you win the prize of soccer mom of the year if you can keep up with that schedule. On a sunny fall Saturday morning, I love to be at the soccer fields, it's those rainy, windy ones I dread. Good luck, we'll see you out there.

Jill said...

I miss that hopping on one foot, big smiling face! :) Hope he has a great year!

Jodi said...

I can't believe how big our boys are getting! And how could a teacher not just fall in love with Rowan and his darling dimpled smile? He is such a cute kid :)

Rochelle said...

So now your just a woman alone in a house with no boys for a few hours...what to do????