Thursday, September 18, 2008

Observations

I've noticed a few things this week while taking Rowan to kindergarten. (I probably would have noticed them sooner, if I hadn't been so busy consoling Rowan and prying him off my leg.)

1. I am REALLY old, at least by kindergarten mom standards. Seriously, some of those other mom's must have had their kids before they graduated from high school.
2. When did everyone get tattoos? A large portion of the parents, and even some of the kindergarten teachers (ones older than me even) are sporting some major ink.
3. Little girl clothes are still cuter than little boy clothes- so are their backpacks.
4. While waiting in line kindergarten girls like to hug each other. Kindergarten boys like to hit each other with their backpacks.
5. There are worse things than a crying clinging child. I had been so focused on Rowan, that I hadn't noticed the little girl that kicks and hits her parents as they try to leave her.

Rowan has also made some interesting observations. Yesterday after school he said this,"Mom, in my class all of the toys have a place where they belong, and you have to put them back there when you're done with them. We should do that at home Mom, it's a good idea." Gee, wish I would have thought of that!

6 comments:

Rochelle said...

INK, seriously is so common around here. Maybe it's everywhere. I too think girls clothes are so much cuter than boys!

Jodi said...

The image of the girls 'hugging' while the boys are 'slugging' is SO funny and VERY accurate!

Tiffini said...

A place for the toys to belong--that is a novel idea. Maybe Rowan should be in charge of organizing the toys!

LeLloyd said...

I am anxously awaiting to see how effective you are in executing Rowan's novel suggestion!!!! He seems to possess great observational skills.

Anonymous said...

Too funny about Rowan's suggestion :) When I worked at a Montessori school for a while that was a big saying, "everything has it's place and everything should be in it's place when not in use." My kids get SO sick of me saying this at home all the time :) Loved your other observations, I have been surprised by all the ink myself!

Candy said...

If your old than I am ancient! I still have kindergarten to go with Miss Autumn:) I loved your post - puts things in perspective and can I borrow Rowan we need some serious toy organizing over here!