Friday, September 26, 2008

I guess he's not quite all the way adjusted

Rowan has been being really good about going to school lately. The tears have all but disappeared and he actually seems excited about going sometimes. He is still completely unwilling to think about anyone but me taking him to school, but that's ok I kind of like watching him line up with his classmates. Yesterday however totally threw him for a loop. First, someone other than his teacher came to pick his class up.I was really surprised that he stayed in line and followed her. He was wiping his eyes as he walked away. Then, they had their hearing and vision screenings, which meant more strange grown ups telling him what to do. Also, there is a bit of a kissing problem going on in his class. There are a couple of kissing crazed girls that he is just a little afraid of. I think it was all just too much for him to handle. When I asked him what he had done at recess he said he just hid by a bush. When I asked him why he said he didn't want to talk about it, he was just nervous. That's just so sad, but also kind of cute.

In other news, all three kids went to the dentist today and we had no cavities. WOO HOO! I just love it when the dentist says "See you in 6 months."

5 comments:

Aundrea said...

Oh, I hope everything gets back to his normal soon!

I'm taking all four of my kids to the dentist on Monday...I hope I get the good news that you got, but I'm not counting on it!

Anonymous said...

We're going on Monday, too. I hope we are fortunate enough to hear the "see you in 6 months" too! It was fun running into you tonight :) Hope your pizza was as scrumptious as ours!

Rochelle said...

YAY for clean teeth!

I feel for Rowan and I feel for you! I thought I was going to break down on Sunday! It's sad and sweet yet so hard to know what to do!

I wish him luck!

Candy said...

Our last trip to the dentist went just as good, we only had some sealants that they had to go back and get. Noah had one cavitity - I hope school get easier for Rowan. I hope that Autumn adjust OK when it is her turn. I also hope she does not become one of those "Kissing" girls:)

Shannon b said...

Yes, I love hearing that from the dentist too!
oh I feel bad for Rowan. Hopefully things will get better each day.