Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Labor Day Weekend- Just What We Needed!

After more than 15 years of marriage Paul has really come to understand me. He knew that I needed some down time to get ready for the new school year. So he gave me just what I needed, and took the boys out of town for three nights. I was able to get my house much cleaner and more organized, take long walks with Buster, watch chick flicks, complete sewing projects, and take some naps. I feel so much calmer and more energized!
The boys also got just what they needed too. Labor Day weekend is usually when their worries and anxiety about the school year reach their peak. But they were so busy having a good time at Paul's mom's house that they didn't have time to worry. Instead of sitting at home fretting, they were out running around in the woods, climbing trees,and building forts. What a wonderful way to end the Summer!





















I think the boys must have gotten too much fresh air or something. Apparently Grayson was acting like a hobo trying to hitch a ride, and as you can see Rowan was channeling his inner "gangster/rapper".






5 comments:

Paige said...

Very fun! He was telling me all about his awesome summer in the car this morning! What a great way to take their minds off of school. And I love Rowan's new look. Word.

Tiffini said...

What a perfect weekend for everyone.

Candy said...

How fun for everyone! What cute pictures with dad and grandma! Lucky you to get so much time :)

Jodi said...

Lucky duck! A whole weekend?! You have a fantastic husband :)

Shannon b said...

how wonderful!!! Sounds like a perfect break.