Monday, September 15, 2008

Weekend Project

In keeping with our weekend theme of "round the clock soccer" Paul decided to indulge the boys' dream of having our backyard be a soccer field, and built them some goals. We had looked at some goals online, but Paul thought he could build some sturdier ones for less on his own. In the end though, I think he wishes he would have just bought some.


The boys however thought it was great to build our own. As you can see they still have their soccer uniforms on in this picture. They couldn't even take time to change out of them before getting back to work on the goals.


Grayson's a real Mr. Fix -it! He tends to make me a little nervous when he has tools in his hands.




The goals turned out great!


And the boys played until the sun went down!

3 comments:

Shannon b said...

so fun! I love seeing kids running around in the backyard. After the 1st soccer practice Payton asked me if we could turn our backyard into a soccer field. :)

Jodi said...

You have yourself one handy man! What a great job he did on those goals. I bet the boys are thrilled :)

Candy said...

I remember when David built our batting cage! The neighbors had a fit but it kept all the kids close and having fun at the same time! I am sure if it were soccer we were into goals would have been the project - we are lucky to have such great dads for our kids!