Monday, November 3, 2008

Feels like Monday

If ever a morning felt like a "Monday morning", it was today. First the time change thing. Can I just say that I hate daylight savings. In fact I would gladly rip open my ballot and change my vote to support ANY candidate who would promise to do away with the whole thing. I spent yesterday morning disoriented by the whole thing. I had woken up at 6:30, looked at the clock, heard Paul in the shower, and rolled over for a few more minutes of sleep. After sleeping for awhile, (I know it was awhile because I dreamed), I again looked at the clock- 6:26. What?! How could I have gone back 4 minutes in time? While I was back asleep Paul had corrected the time on the clock in our bedroom. That left me feeling totally weird. Fast forward to this morning. The kids got up way too early, and had lots of time to mess with each other, and make each other really mad. Fuller had MAJOR attitude about being told to wear pants to school (even though I've been warning him Nov.1 was the cut off date). Both he and Grayson had issues with not being able to load up their lunch boxes with lots of Halloween candy, and with being asked to eat a healthy breakfast. And then, the cherry on top, I walked out to take Fuller to school and stepped on a gigantic worm. Ewwww.

7 comments:

Aundrea said...

As I was reading this, that old Bangles song, "Manic Monday" was playing in my head:) I loathe daylight savings too! Hopefully you'll have a better Tuesday.

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry, I totally just giggled while reading this, because even though I know you're having a bad morning and all, I just love the way you write! It makes me smile. But, now in all seriousness, I really am sorry that you feel so discombobulated. DST can be a total pain in the ba-hooty for sure! Although I do prefer gaining an extra hour of sleep to losing one!

Candy said...

I don't mind when we gain the hour it is when we lose it that I get all out wack. Although I did wake up at 3:30 this morning (my internal clock I guess) and could not get back to sleep. When 4:30 rolled around I was so grateful to finally get to get up - I know I'm weird. Anyway, hope Tuesday is much better for you:)

Tiffiny said...

I hear you! DST was fun in high school but not as a mom. My kids are getting up at 5 and raring to go! UGH! Hopefully tomorrow will be better. We start Webelos at our house tomorrow so we won't be seeing you guys.

Jodi said...

I am glad to not be the only one who is having THAT sort of Monday! I am totally USELESS today...just super tired! Ugh! I hope we both have better Tuesdays...and for now...I am off to take a nap :)

Lynn Boyle said...

I am beat too. I thought it was maybe the busy weekend. Jake was up at 5am I cannot not wait for a long hot bath and early bedtime..if i would of moved to AZ i wouldn't had to deal with daylight savings...

Rochelle said...

I am so sad for that poor worm.

My kids would wear shorts all year if I didn't pack them away!

I'm assuming we are talking about shorts and not just pants in general?