Monday, November 24, 2008

I should have been packing.......

but packing isn't fun! So I spent last night making little chewing gum advent calendars instead.

I had posted about some I had seen online, and these are very similar. The main difference is that the tutorial I saw used 12 packs of gum, and I used 9 packs. I could only find 12 packs in flavors my kids don't like. So, we'll just have to start our Christmas countdown a few days earlier. I made some for some cousins too, since we'll be at their house the day we need to start counting down.

It may seem like a silly little thing, but it will really help with the continual asking about how much longer until Christmas.

And the kids are REALLY excited about the gum! Because you know I hate gum, and usually it's completely banned in our house. But in the name of Christmas we can bend a few rules.

1 comment:

Tiffiny said...

Amazing how you can just whip those out in an evening between packing for a trip! You are my hero!