Friday, November 21, 2008

Random Sampler- Life at our house this week

1. Rowan's first trophy

Rowan had a very fun first experience of playing on a sports team. He had a sweet and patient coach, and silly kids to run around with. Unfortunately his team opted to not do trophies. In general I kind of go back and forth about the whole trophy issue, but when it's your FIRST time playing on a team, and both your brothers are getting trophies, I really think it's a necessity. So last week I took Rowan trophy shopping, and let him pick out the one he wanted. Oddly enough, he picked out the smallest little trophy in the store. We left it there to be engraved and then picked it up this week. Rowan was just giddy about it, it was like his whole body was bursting. He loves that thing! He carries it around and makes sure it's next to his bed at night. Definitely the best $4.50 I spent this week!
2. Fuller's science homework-
This week Fuller had to track everything he ate or drank for 3 days. I generally cook pretty healthy food, but for some reason I really felt like I had to amp up his fruit and vegetable intake this week. Something about knowing a teacher was evaluating what I feed my kid felt weird. I'm sure glad that's over, so I can break the fruit snacks and Pringles back out!
3. Kids say the darndest things-
I've been helping in Grayson's class one afternoon a week. This week while I was there they were doing some writing. The teacher was having them pick a topic, and then fill out a brainstorming sheet to help them write. On their idea page they had the categories, see, smell, taste, hear, feel. I think their teacher must have used "family" as an example, because that's what about half of the kids were writing about. I don't think some of the parents are going to be too happy when they see what their kids wrote about their families. One for example had the words yelling and fighting under what she hears, and "Mom always sleeping" under what she sees. I started getting a little worried about what Grayson's page might have on it, so I wandered over to his desk to take a peek. He said "family" was a boring topic, so he was writing about basketball. I've never been so happy to be boring!
4. Preparations for Missoula- All snow clothes and boots have been located, snacks and treats are ready to go. We've decided to lets the kids miss school Tuesday so we can leave early. Can't wait!
4. Business is booming!
Well, not really. But I did make my first sale on ETSY this week. YEAH! and I also sold and apron through my friend Stacey. She is carrying some of my aprons in her shop.("The Garden Gate" over in Kalama, check it out if you're ever in Kalama.)

Now we have a busy weekend of basketball games, van cleaning out, laundry and more packing.

2 comments:

Rochelle said...

Congrats Rowan!

suzanne said...

Congrats on the Etsy sale!