Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Accident prone

I'm beginning to think that Rowan has some sort of freakish, sugar-related accident disorder. On Christmas, after being told that we were not eating any of the chocolate from our stockings until AFTER breakfast, he came to me and sadly reported that he had ACCIDENTALLY eaten an entire chocolate Santa. He said he tripped, and then it just fell in his mouth and got swallowed. He couldn't really explain how it came to be unwrapped, or how he ate such a big thing without taking many bites. One of the great mysteries of this world I suppose. Then this morning I offered to get Rowan some breakfast. He said he wasn't hungry(and that never happens). I asked him if he was feeling sick or something. He said no, but that he did ACCIDENTALLY eat two fruit roll ups before I woke up. Weird! He climbed up on a chair to reach a box on the top shelf and then opened and ate two of the fruit rolls inside, accidentally.

11 comments:

Nicole said...

Boy, I'm glad I don't have those kind of accidents. Mine happen on purpose! ;)

Lynn Boyle said...

You know i have that problem too. for instance , Monday night i went in the freezer to get some chicken to defrost and two Hershy mini bars became unwrapped and mysterously fell into my mouth, my quick impulses started to kick in and before i knew it i had chewed and swallowed the candy. :(

Rochelle said...

Oh man I am laughing so hard at your post and Lynn's comment!

That's awesome!

Anonymous said...

Huh, now that I think about it my children seem to have issues with these kind of accidents, too.

And I guess I myself do, too :)

Crackin' up over Lynn's comment!

Candy said...

It is funny how that sort of thing happens! Maybe if you are lucky he will share his accidents with you:)

Toshia said...

Don't you just love how kids can accidently forget or accidently do what they know they aren't supposed to? How exactly does that work?

Shannon b said...

oh, don't you just love little boys' reasoning? That is too funny!

Adrienne said...

That is so funny! Accicents do happen ... especially when you have little boys ;-)

Aundrea said...

I love this story! I imagine it is just showing me things to come:) I'm like Lynn too, I hate it when I'm so accident prone.

Tiffini said...

Poor kid--hopefully he get hurt during one of these 'accidents'. One morning I opened the lid on a pan of brownies and saw fingerprints all over it. No accident there--Ethan admitted that he had been snacking. We told him to cut off a piece instead of using his fingers. The next morning I looked at the brownies and he had cut off all but 1 inch of the edge. BOYS!!!

Jodi said...

That is SOOOO funny! I've had WAY too many of these accidents over my lifetime. Now I know what to blame my weight problem on ;)