Friday, January 9, 2009

Flashback Friday- Sibling Love


I love this picture of my brother and sister and I. Don't they look like they just adore their new little sister? (This must have been before they realized I was going to be the spoiled rotten baby of the family.) Over the years of growing up and becoming adults our relationships have gone through many stages. We've been playmates, rivals, partners in crime(mostly me and Jim, Heather was ALWAYS good), and now as adults, good friends. I'm so glad that we can't pick our families, like we can our friends. At different times in our lives I'm not sure I would have "chosen" them, and I'm fairly certain they wouldn't have picked me either. But as much as we may have driven each other, and certainly our parents, crazy- we were somehow meant to be together. We had things we needed to learn from each other. I'm so thankful for them and for what they mean in my life. Love you guys!

5 comments:

Tiffiny said...

What a great way to look at all the times you wouldn't have chosen each other! I have a few siblings who wouldn't have been on my list either. Maybe I should look at what I am learing from them instead of trying to ignore them!

Anonymous said...

Very touching :) They definitely look they are excited to have you in the family! I wish I had siblings, but thankfully I have adopted all of Todd's as my own.

Warmbeachjo said...

Another picture of me with my eyes closed.

Rochelle said...

Great picture.

Jodi said...

This picture makes me smile :)