Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Please pardon my bragging

Have I ever mentioned that I have the MOST talented dad? This year he made me this beautiful Santa to add to my collection. I love how it's just the natural wood. He was able to make it out of one piece of wood, carefully planning so that the red part of the wood was in the back to be his clothes. IT'S FANTASTIC!

And if that isn't enough to make you green with envy, wait until you see what one of my other favorite local artists made, just for me.

Monsieur Rowan's concept of Santa is a bit more abstract, but beautiful all the same.

6 comments:

Rochelle said...

That is some pretty cool art! Your dad's work is beautiful!

Jodi said...

Love both pieces. You have some talented men in your life :)

Adrienne said...

What great keepsakes ~ both are beautiful in their own right!

Nicole said...

Homemade gifts are the best, especially if they are from people we love!

Tiffiny said...

Wow your dad is talented. That is beautiful. And of course your son's is one special piece of work too!

Anonymous said...

I thought about you and your Santa's this year everytime I saw a cool looking one on display. I was looking forward to you posting pics of your new additions! I think that is just a way cool tradition. And I also think that these two that your Dad and your sweet little boy created this year are priceless! How sweet to add these to your collection.