Sunday, January 4, 2009

Almost

One of my goals for 2008 was to read more books. I set the more specific goal of reading 24 books. I figured I could do two a month with no problem. Well, I think I must have been doing too many other projects this year, because I didn't quite make it. I was close though! So, I'm going to set the same goal for 2009, and this time I'm getting an early start. I just finished my first book of the year.

Here is my 2008 reading list- my feeble attempt to read more books:

* 1-The Book Thief- Markus Zusak
* 2-The Shadow of the Wind- Carlos Ruis Zafon
* 3-Conversations with the Fat Girl - Liza Palmer
* 4-Animal, Vegetable, Miracle- Barbara Kingsolver
* 5-Three Junes- Julia Glass
* 6-Cage of Stars- Jacquelyn Mitchard
* 7-The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants- Ann Brashares
* 8-Eat Pray Love- Elizabeth Gilbert
* 9-A Great and Terrible Beauty- Libba Bray
* 10- The Kite Runner- Khaled Hosseini
* 11- The Host- Stephenie Meyer
* 12- The Friday Night Knitting Club- Kate Jacobs
* 13- Twilight- Stephenie Meyer (re-read)
* 14- New Moon- Stephienie Meyer (re-read)
* 15- Eclipse- Stephenie Meyer (re-read)
* 16-To Kill a Mockingbird- Harper Lee
* 17- Breaking Dawn- Stephenie Meyer
* 18-The Memory Keeper's Daughter- Kim Edwards
* 19- For My Daughters- Barbara Delinsky
* 20- Eight Cousins- Louisa May Alcott
* 21- The Christmas Shoes- Donna VanLiere

5 comments:

Shannon b said...

That is a good goal! I think I read 8 books in '08 (pretty good for me!) but want to do more as well. So what have you already read this year?

Candy said...

Give yourself some credit girl - some fo those books were lengthy! I love that you read "Eight Cousins" I love all her books You did good on this last year.

Adrienne said...

Awesome. I love to read too. Any favorties out of this? I've read AVM and the kite runner. I'm always looking for a good book.

Tiffiny said...

I'll have to read some of these. Way to go on your list! I love to read and I'm always on the look out for something new.

Rochelle said...

I'm excited to steal a few books from your list.

I updated the Sisterhood. You should post about a few of these that aren't on there yet.

Cheers to your goal in 09!