Monday, January 19, 2009

What they're teaching in school these days...

The other day in the car Rowan struck up a conversation with me about soon to be President Obama. It went something like this:
R: Mom, do you know how many bathrooms Obama gets to have?
Me: No, I have no idea. Probably a lot.
R: 35!!!(He really emphasized that)
Me: Wow, that's a lot of bathrooms.
R: Mom, guess how many rooms his house will have.
Me: I don't know, maybe 100.
R: Like a hundred thirty or something!!!!!
Me: Wow.
R: And did you know he gets to have a special room, called like "the square room" or something?
Me: Do you mean "the Oval Office"?
R: Mom, how do you know so much?!?!?


When we got home I googled the White House to check Rowan's facts. There are 35 bathrooms, and 132 rooms. That kindergartner's got a pretty good memory!

6 comments:

Tiffini said...

I've always wondered what they do with so much space at the White House. How could anyone live in a home that big?

Lynn Boyle said...

I love it, maybe we have a future Pres on our hands??? I love the info our kiddos retain..

Jodi said...

He has one good memory! Impressive.

Tiffiny said...

I have come to the realization that kids 4-5 are total sponges when it comes to information and there is no need to "dumb" it down for them. They are smart little things! I'm glad I don't have to clean 35 bathrooms.

Nicole said...

Wow! That's some memory he has.

Warmbeachjo said...

What a smart cookie! Way to go Rowan.