Friday, January 16, 2009

Life's little rewards


This morning, the last thing I wanted to do was drive Fuller to school. I was tired. It was cold outside(26 degrees). Rowan just wanted to stay home and watch Looney Tunes, all snuggled up in his blankets. And I wanted to join him. But we forged ahead, and took Fuller to school. And I was rewarded for doing so. No, I didn't get a nice heart felt goodbye from a certain 11 year old. But I did get to see a beautiful, fog layered sunrise over the river. Watching the sun come up over the river has been one of my favorite things this year. I love that Fuller's school is only a block from the water, and that there is a park right there on the river's edge where Rowan and I can go sit and watch the sun come up. Definitely worth leaving the house for.

5 comments:

Rochelle said...

WOW! Beautiful and very worth it!

Anonymous said...

Soooo pretty! I love that area of town, too. I would like to start walking in the mornings over there, maybe next year when both boys are in school :) You could join me?!

Gina said...

I always drove down along the river after I dropped Tyler off for school last year. It is definitely a beautiful view.

Shannon b said...

That is so cool. What a neat idea to stop and watch the sunrise together. During my morning taxi drive I was admiring the frosty scenery glittering in the sun & wished I had my camera with me.

Elder Caleb Habel said...

I too have been enjoying the beautiful sunrises. Glad you were able to capture the moment.