Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Attempting Applique

I decide to take the June "Apronista" challenge and attempt to do some applique. Here is my finished project:

There's definitely room for improvement, but all in all I'm quite pleased with how it turned out.

For the vegetable shapes I just looked on Printmaster and selected simple pictures of vegetables that I could use as patterns. Then I went through LOTS of scrap fabric practicing.











I have a feeling applique will be turning up on other future projects.

7 comments:

LeLloyd said...

Now I know the real reason for the gridiron fence!! Talk about the real veggies hidding behind the apron strings of the faux ones!!

Paige said...

Wow. That turned out amazing! I am so jealous that your first attempt looked SO good. Kudos to you!

Shannon b said...

oh my goodness! Vegetables never looked so cute!

Aundrea said...

You did such a great job! I think I have LOTS to learn from you:)

Candy said...

You did a great job, applique has always been hard for me - I end up doing it all by hand - that takes forever - you rock!

Rochelle said...

I've been half tempted to take the challenge. Yours turned out great!

Jodi said...

That is so cute! You did an amazing job. Maybe we could have a applique tutorial???