Friday, June 20, 2008

Flashback Friday- Cousins


I was recently reminded of this picture of my Grandparents, and all of the cousins on my Dad's side of the family (well all of the cousins born before 1973 anyway). I think this is the only time we were all together, at least I can't find any pictures of other large cousin gatherings. I was only about 5 on this trip to Wilbur, so I don't have that many memories of it. I do remember that all of the "big kids" got to sleep out in the garage, but I had to stay with my Mom and Dad. Funny that that's what I'd remember. So cousins,( I know some of you stop by here from time to time), please share your memories of this reunion with me. And while we're at it, if anyone (Jim?) wants to confess to putting the rocks in my pillow and the plastic snake in my bed, I'd love to hear from you.

5 comments:

Candy said...

What a great picture and good looking group! The rocks and snake thing - not nice;)

Aundrea said...

I love how the boy's hairstyles are the same today as they were then!

suzanne said...

That was a great visit! Trying to outdo each other with the practical jokes was so much fun--particularly the suggestions from our dads about what they used to do to each other when they were our age. I loved going Down Below--riding (or trying to) the horses, and getting driving lessons from Grandpa. I think this was the trip where Grandma let me bake a cake--the cake part came out fine but the frosting was horrible! She was so nice and encouraging. Thanks for posting this memory!

Warmbeachjo said...

Tic Tacs and chocolate chip pancakes were discovered this trip too. And John Denver's "Country Roads" seemed to always be playing on the radio every night in the garage barracks.

Jodi said...

You have some fun stories from your childhood. Cousins are the best :)