Sunday, June 8, 2008

Weekend Update

This was our first post baseball season weekend, so we decided to make the most out of it. Here are a few highlights-
-We took the kids to see "Kung Fu Panda" . I had the joy of having Rowan sit on my lap during the kung fu parts of the movie, which meant his little arms were in constant motion.
-We went to the local farmers market and bought some plants for the garden, fresh eggs, and a big bunch of rhubarb.
-Paul baked fresh bread, and made spinach, sausage and white bean soup using fresh spinach from our garden.
- I made rhubarb cake using my purchases from the farmers market. I am so in love with the vibrant yellow of fresh eggs!
-The sun actually made an appearance Saturday afternoon, so we broke the croquet set out and taught the boys how to play.


It was fun except that Rowan doesn't like the rule about only getting to hit it once per turn, and his older brothers can't stand it when people don't play by the rules. Also, Buster thought it was fun to chase after the balls and "relocate" them.











-My much anticipated order from Amazon arrived,










and I happened to go to my favorite fabric store while they were having a 40% off sale.


Now we just have to get through the last 4 days of school, and on to Summer vacation!

9 comments:

Gina said...

Hopefully soon you can come purchase from fresh eggs from us. It is amazing how much brighter the yolk is in eggs from free range chickens. Love the fabric. You made some great choices.

Gina said...

oops! I meant to say "some fresh eggs" not "from fresh eggs". I guess I should proofread before I hit the publish button.

Paige said...

YOUR BOOK CAME????? *MY* book didn't come. I am totally pouting now. AND I am completely jealous that you got all that great fabric. Waaaaaah!!!

Aundrea said...

I saw that book at Craft Warehouse...it looks so cute and I love the fabric you chose!

Rochelle said...

It looks like you had a great weekend. I'm glad your book arrived all safe and sound!

Elder Caleb Habel said...

You inspire me. I want to teach my kids croquet, spend saturday morning at the farmers market, make amazing aprons with adorable fabric and make wonderful food from the produce in my garden. it all sounds so dreamy.

Candy said...

We saw the movie Friday night and the kids liked it. I want that book, it looks so fun and the fabric - I am going to get some when I go to the beach! It was a great weekend!

Anonymous said...

What a nice weekend!!! And the sun is shining right now too, so do you think we are maybe going to see it stick around for a while? I soooooo hope so!!!! Cute fabric, I can't wait to learn how to sew :)

Jodi said...

I love croqet...we used to play it as a kid.
Great taste in fabric. Can't wait to see what you create with it!