Monday, April 7, 2008

Good News! (well maybe)

For anyone who doesn't know, Paul was laid off back in early February. It wasn't really a surprise, that often happens when a big construction job is winding down. We figured he might be off for awhile since February is a slow time for construction. We weren't really worried though, he had been working A TON of overtime and we had been able to put quite a bit of money in savings. We were actually really excited about having him home more, we had really been missing him. Well, today he went back to work, which I know is a good thing. I couldn't help missing him though. His time off has been wonderful. We got to go for lots of walks together and actually talk during the day while all the boys were in school. We got to plan meals and cook together. It was great! Especially when we dropped all the kids off at school and then took ourselves out for breakfast, and then home to play Dance Dance Revolution until it was time to pick Rowan up. Today was kind of lonely. I really liked having my best friend around all day. Plus he's a big help around the house. I kind of got used to him getting up and fixing all the kids breakfast, making their lunches and driving them to school. That was nice! But I guess a regular paycheck will be nice too.

5 comments:

sheila said...

At least you guys are smart about his working extra overtime and put it into savings. How nice that you guys got to spend all of that time together!

Tiffini said...

Oh yes, I remember that feeling. So grateful for a full time job again, yet missing the priceless time together. I understand!!

Rochelle said...

Bitter sweet!

Elder Caleb Habel said...

That is so fun that you guys had that time together. Breakfast and Dance Dance Revolution. That sounds FUN! Those are the kind of days that I look forward to when all my kids go to school.

Jodi said...

I get a strong sense of how much you and Paul enjoy one another through your writing. What a blessing!