Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Horse Dreams

When I was growing up one of the things that I was very sure about, was the fact that I was going to have my own horse when I grew up. This dream was fueled by trips to my grandparents farm, where I got to spend some up close and personal time with horses. I wasn't a real "horsey girl" like my sister. She had all kinds of horse figurines and everything. But I've always felt love for these animals.

My memories of being at the farm with my grandpa are some of my fondest.

That's my sister, making sure the horse didn't move.

Somewhere along the way I changed my mind about this dream. Maybe it was the summer I spent as a camp counselor, where I had to ride every day that did it to me. Or maybe it was seeing the reality of having to feed and care for a horse that did it. Either way, I still greatly admire horses from afar.

4 comments:

Aundrea said...

I love horses from afar too. Sometimes, up close but only if someone else is responsible for feeding, saddling, picking up poop, etc:)

I love the pictures...seems like a beautiful farm to visit!!

Candy said...

I had horses and I sure miss them - sometimes as a pre-teen they seemed to be my only friends and to ride out in the open always took me to another time and place. I always wish I could give that to my girls but being in the city just not possible. Maybe someday out here I will get to have a horse again:)

Jodi said...

I will ALWAYS be a country girl at heart. My sister and I each had a horse growing up and those hours spent in the barn are some VERY fond memories. We titled ourselves the PPS (Professional Pooper Scoopers). Give me a shovel and some poo and I can throw it like nobody's business :) hehe

Elder Caleb Habel said...

Those pictures are priceless! What a treasure. I too am fond of horses from afar.