Friday, April 25, 2008

The importance of a box of Cracker Jack


I saw boxes of Cracker Jack at the store today, and it totally took me back in time. I haven't seem them in forever. I remember getting them as a kid and loving the popcorn, peanuts and toy surprise. But my best memory involving a box of Cracker Jack is from 15 years ago. Unfortunately I don't remember the exact date, but I know it was in the spring. A box of Cracker Jack played a pivotal role in my becoming who I am today. About 15 years ago while on a date with Paul he very innocently gave me a box of Cracker Jack to snack on. The box was completely sealed up, (or as I later realized expertly resealed) so I didn't think too much about it. I actually thought it was a joke, since when we had talked about marriage I had told him I really didn't care about a big ring, one from a box of Cracker Jack would do just fine. Boy was I in for a big surprise! When I opened the "sealed" toy surprise a beautiful engagement ring fell out. Paul had done a REALLY good job making it look like nothing had been tampered with. I always remember the day we got engaged when I see a box of Cracker Jack, and my sweet husband who totally surprised me.

5 comments:

Aundrea said...

What a clever idea!

Shannon b said...

okay, that is sooo totally cute! You have such a creative husband.

Jodi said...

Really sweet way to propose! How could you resist?!

Rochelle said...

I can't beleive how much this made me miss Cracker Jacks. I am off to the store.
And what a cute way to propose!

Elder Caleb Habel said...

THAT IS AWESOME!