Friday, April 4, 2008

Things that make you go hmmm...

Did I just totally date myself, or is anyone else old enough to remember the Arsenio Hall Show? As the only woman in a house full of boys it's seems I am frequently faced with things I just can't comprehend. A few recent examples:
- Waking up to find an athletic cup sitting on my kitchen counter.
- So much pee on the bathroom floor that I wonder why I even bothered to potty train them in the first place. Diapers were a hassle, but my bathrooms smelled so much better!
- And why do children who will complain about having to change out of their dirty/stained clothing, then throw a fit if a little water gets on them?
-Dirty, mismatched socks all over the house. Are their feet really so freakishly hot and sweaty that they have to remove them and throw them behind the nearest piece of furniture before they get burned by them?
- And why oh why do they insist on taking pictures like these when they get a hold of my camera?


HELP!

7 comments:

Paige said...

If you ever need to run away and come here, you are welcome!! I can't guarantee a clean bathroom, but I can say with 100% accuracy that there will be NO athletic cups on the kitchen counters.

Tiffini said...

That is my future, my past and my present. You are not alone!!! And why oh why can't they aim??? I don't want to think about how many times I have met a mess by stepping in it. YUCK!!!!

Aundrea said...

I love reading your posts! And by the way...Kelly still tears his socks off the minute he walks in the door:) And then he has the nerve to ask if he has any clean socks! I tell him when they make it to the laundry room they'll get clean:)

Gina said...

The sock removing is not just a boy thing. I find dirty sock all over the place too. It drives me crazy.

Shannon b said...

I'm right there with you on #2 and #3. I just don't get it! Even though I grew up with a load of brothers, I just don't understand boys sometimes.

Marie said...

I remember a sign in a 'house full of boys' bathroom. It said "My aim is to keep this bathroom clean...your aim will help"! I got a good laugh from your post.

,,,, said...

hee hee hee!!! I wonder many of these every day and I only have one son. I can't image have 3 of them running around. Thanks for the laugh.