Wednesday, April 9, 2008

There's always lots to learn

Motherhood is such a great occupation! It's so full of learning opportunities! In the last 24 hours I have learned the following "valuable" lessons.
- Dora can't do anything without Boots.
- It's possible to "read for 20 minutes" in only 10-15 minutes.
- It's my fault that they stayed home from school sick and therefore can't play outside with friends in the afternoon.
- It's possible to be "too full" to finish dinner, but still have room for dessert.
- Freshly shampooed carpets can make you feel really good about your house, at least until your kids come home and accidentally spill the disgusting contents of their lunch box on them.
- Never assume that the perfect flower blooming in your yard, the one that you've been waiting to take a picture of, will still be there in the morning.
- Flatulence is apparently always funny, even when it's gross and really inappropriately timed.

8 comments:

Jodi said...

You always seem to make me giggle. I love reading your blog!
I have had one too many 'burp from the bum' inappropriately timed moments from my boy! And YES...they ALWAYS laugh hysterically.

Toshia said...

Andrew loves to tell us about how when he was a kid he would say "the dinner part of my stomach is full, but there is still room in the dessert part!" Kids can be so crafty :)

Paige said...

Oooh, you are one brilliant woman!!

Tiffini said...

I love it! Ethan will read one sentence, look at the clock and say "I just read for one minute, only 19 more". I think he spends more time looking at the clock and telling me how much he has read than he actually reads. (In his defense, he is getting a little bit better since he started reading the Series of Unfortunate Events books)

Marie said...

So funny, Michelle! I didn't know Charlton Heston passed away - I still need to find a copy of the Omega Man so I can watch it again and get over my 11 yr old fear of night people!

sheila said...

My kids have pouches in there stomach. Their dessert pouch is wwaaayyyy bigger than there dinner poich.

Elder Caleb Habel said...

Thanks for the good laugh. There are a lot of fine lessons to be learned aren't there. :0)

Rochelle said...

I love reading your blog... Thanks for the good laughs!