Tuesday, April 8, 2008

The passing of a Legend


I was saddened to learn of the passing of Charlton Heston, big screen hero of so many movies I grew up watching in reruns on TV. I know for many people his work in "The Ten Commandments" is likely the most memorable, but I'm more of a "Planet of the Apes" kind of gal. "Planet of the Apes" and it's sequels are among my very favorite childhood movies, and my primary exposure to this fabulous actor. Although he leaves behind a huge body of work, I think I will remember him for his quirkier movies like "Planet of the Apes","Omega Man" and "Soylent Green". They just don't make movies like that or men like him any more.

2 comments:

Rochelle said...

Jeremy's all time favorite moves Planet of the Apes. When we were dating I would call to see when he would be over and he would say, well Planet of the Apes marathon just stated...

Jodi said...

I definitely remember him from 'The Ten Commandments'. Good actor. I know my mom will be extra sad over his passing.