Tuesday, April 15, 2008

My heart swells with pride

Well, I may have earned myself the title of "Most Embarrassing Mother EVER" for taking these pictures, but I just had to do it. Plus I did give him fair warning, I've been telling him since September that before the year was over I was going to get a picture of him being a crossing guard. I have been really proud of him for sticking with it. Some mornings have been pretty cold, wet and miserable, but he hasn't complained. The only thing that he ever complains about is when someone else gets "the good corner" and he gets stuck at the boring crosswalk back by the parking lot.

In this picture he's trying to figure out how to pretend I don't exist.

Just look at him, so alert to keeping his classmates safe!

I kind of feel bad now for thinking he just signed up for this because he heard they have a great end of the year party. Even if that was true, he certainly deserves some kind of reward for all of those rainy mornings!

5 comments:

Rochelle said...

I think that is so funny that you embarrassed him! That's so sweet, I love what a proud mama you are!

Tiffini said...

I remember being a crossing guard as a kid. I did it so I could get out of class to tend the crosswalk for kindergarten kids. I am sure the end of the year party will be worth it all!

Jodi said...

As a teacher...the only kids that we allowed to do crosswalk were VERY responsible! Way to go, Fuller!

Elder Caleb Habel said...

That's so funny! I agree those kids that stand out in the rain need a reward!

Marie said...

Very fun to get pictures of him on duty! I always wave when I'm picking Caylin up on Wednesdays. He usually acknowledges with a slight head tilt!