Wednesday, April 2, 2008

"What a disappointment"

Yup, that's what I heard when I was booed off the stage. Dance Dance Revolution has now proved beyond a reasonable doubt the cold hard truth, I've got no rhythm. I've always known I couldn't sing, and that doesn't really bother me. I come from a family of people who openly admit,"we can't sing". But dancing? Now that's a different story. There are people in my family who are quite good dancers, most notably my father who is an excellent dancer. The most illuminating thing about this game is the fact that Paul can REALLY dance. I had no idea. I guess I've been holding him back all these years. Good thing he loves me anyway, despite the fact that I have absolutely no future in any form of show business!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awww, that's okay, I love you anyways :) I have yet to try out this new game, but I have to wonder how well I would do myself?! Definitely something I won't be trying in public anytime soon.

Paige said...

LOL -- Speaking from personal experience, keep at it. There are some songs on there that are pretty easy. Then the next one has me tripping over myself and trying not to fall over. And even if you still get booed, who cares?? It's fun!

Aundrea said...

I'm scared to play that game! Me and dancing don't really mix:)

Rochelle said...

Dang this is the new craz! Im sure I will be on board soon!

Elder Caleb Habel said...

I feel for you, I have never played the game but I fear being boo off the mat. How fun to have a day at the zoo and the photos are great!!!

Shannon b said...

oh, you'll get better. If nothing else, you can just stick to the Lesson by DJ and feel really, really good about yourself. :)

Tiffini said...

Just to make you feel better, I have danced my whole life (until I had kids anyway) and I got booed off during the first few tries. Someday soon you can score C's!!

Toshia said...

I have never played that game as I am sure that I would be booed off faster than anyone else!

sheila said...

that's funny. I can't dance or sing either. But I've always known that. I have a harder time excepting that I can't sing and torture my kid sin teh car!

shermanthepug said...

Next night out on the town we need to take you and Paul out dancing. A good couple of hours on the dance floor and you will be all better and ready to face your fans with new confidence.
Wonder how Jim or I would do...seems like a tough game. Have a great weekend.
E

Jodi said...

I tryed it recently and was pathetic and I consider myself fairly coordinated! I'm sure I looked like a giant oaf but I still had a great time getting my groove on!