Tuesday, May 6, 2008

"A delight"

Let me start by saying, I love my kids. I love all of them, even when it seems like they are purposely driving me crazy. Lately it has been the 11 year old that is making me want to pull my hair out the most. Preteen angst has arrived in FULL FORCE! We get lots of sighing, eye rolling, complaints about the complete unfairness that is his life, and just generally negative attitude. Sounds like fun doesn't it? This makes me a little scared for the years to come, especially since he is not the most dramatic of our kids, not by a long shot. Apparently my kids have the worst chores, smallest allowance, earliest bedtime and strictest rules of any kids who ever lived, ANYWHERE... EVER! So, today the kids brought home their Spring progress reports, and you can only imagine my surprise in reading that Fuller's teacher thinks he's "such a delight to teach!" Fuller is many things, but I'm not sure at this point in his life I would refer to him as "a delight" and use an exclamation point to make that point. I think I need to video tape him in full on argumentative, whiner mode and send it to her. Then she'd know how lucky she is that he saves ALL of that for at home. My hope is that in the Summer I'll actually get to see some of that "delightfulness", since he can obviously maintain it for at least 6 hours a day.

4 comments:

Aundrea said...

I hear ya! I think the same things about Logan when I talk to her teachers...like, are we talking about the same kid here? She definitely is NOT like this at home:) Hopefully these hormonal preteens will level out soon;)

Shannon b said...

well, at least you can find some comfort in knowing that you have taught him well enough to behave at school.

Jodi said...

This totally makes me giggle! As a teacher, I saw many parents with that same stunned reaction when I told them their children behave GREAT at school.

Enjoy the 6 hours a day during summer break ;)

Tiffini said...

Why do they give away so much of the nice to the teachers at school? I guess if they shared "the other side" at school the teachers might revolt and quit.