Friday, May 30, 2008

Flashback Friday- Men's Fashions

I think we've become too casual. When I look at this picture of my dad and his buddies I just have to smile. I love their style, and how swank they look. I wonder where they were going. Hot dates maybe? Then I think back to my own dating days, and the fact that Paul usually wore cargo shorts and flip flops. Ah, too have lived in the 50's!

But then of course their athletic wear did leave a lot to be desired!

(Sorry Dad!)
***UPDATE*** My Dad called and said that's his 8th grade basketball uniform.

5 comments:

Mark said...

t love these flashback Fridays. It's amazing how much your dad looked like his brother Ralph in that first picture. What sport was he dressed for in the second pic?

Aundrea said...

I love the fashions of the 50s!

Shannon b said...

um, those knee pads are . . . . something else. :)
I remember being in an airport with my grandma once and she sadly commented on how casual/sloppy people dress nowadays. She said that back in the day people would get dressed up to travel, and have their hair done just right, etc. Yes, times have changed!

Rochelle said...

WOW! That's impressive! I am drooling at how good looking these boys are and the awesome outfits are to die for!!!

LeLloyd said...

First time blog commenter.

Basketball knee pads were made of sheepskin fleece and held in place with a half inch leather strap for this eight grade staarrh!!! This was prior to velcro or abundance of elastic.