Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Our morning went something like this....

Here is a brief sampling of conversations I had with my children this morning:

GRAYSON
Grayson: I hate school
Me: OK, eat your breakfast
Grayson: I'm not going to school
Me: Please find your shoes
Grayson: School is stupid, I'm not going to school
Me: There's only 12 days left
Grayson: I hate school
Me: I know, but go and have fun anyway

Repeat conversation 67 times, then drop grumpy child off for smiling neighbor to drive to school.

FULLER
(This conversation was inspired by an old mix cd I played in the car this morning)
Fuller: Who is this singing?
Me: ELVIS
Fuller: Mom, I don't think this is ELVIS
Me: This is ELVIS, no one sings "Viva Las Vegas" like Elvis
Fuller: Are you sure?
Me: Yes, I'm sure. Why?
Fuller: Because ELVIS is really famous
Me: So?
Fuller: This song is really horrible
Me: Fuller, how dare you insult "The King"!
Fuller: Mom, I don't think this is Elvis

Oh where have I gone wrong with this child?!

ROWAN

Rowan: Mom, do I not have school today?
Me: You're all done with school for this year.
Rowan: Am I on Summer vacation?
Me: Yes
Rowan: Can I do whatever I want today?
Me: No, but we can have fun, and you don't have to go to school.
Rowan: Mom, do I have school tomorrow?
Me: No, you don't have school again until after the summer is over.
Rowan: Can I do whatever I want tomorrow?

Repeat conversation several times. Apparently this whole school being over thing is going to take a little getting used to.

4 comments:

Paige said...

Oh, children are delightful, aren't they? I was totally cracking up at Fuller's reasoning -- that if someone is famous, they must be GOOD. People magazine would be about two pages thick if that were the case. ;)

Rochelle said...

I can think of a few Great singers who really don't sing all that great! How about Bob Dylan? It's about the lyrics right?
I hope Grayson's day get better. Only three more days this week!

Jill said...

I had Grayson's same conversation with my daughter this morning. And I feel a little like Rowan this week. It takes a while to get use to being out. We took the preschool down today and it was really sad to put it away one last time. It looks so sad down there with NOTHING in that huge room.:(

Jodi said...

These conversations make me laugh! A day in the life of a mom with 3 boys!

Your aprons and sweaters are so cute! You are very talented, Michelle.