Sunday, May 18, 2008

Plan B

Sometimes things just don't go according to plan. Paul decided it wasn't going to be the best idea to take the boys to the camp out on Friday, so we adjusted and had a "camp in". We set sleeping bags and air mattresses up in the living room, and cooked hot dogs and marshmallows on the grill. Not quite the same thing, but still fun.


This weekend we also had another plan go awry. We had been planning on spending our "economic stimulus" money on something fun when it came. Well, the money arrived on Friday, and the air conditioning in our van decided to quit working on Friday as well. (Just my luck, the AC goes out on the hottest day of the year!) I guess my local mechanic needs that money more than me. Of course I feel blessed that that money arrived right when we needed it, but it's hard to be practical when you had something completely different planned.

But on the plus side, we got the first fruit of our (and by our I mean Paul's) labor.

The kids were really excited about seeing the radish pulled up, but quickly lost their enthusiasm when they got to taste it.

6 comments:

Jodi said...

Ben and Jamie slept in our trailer with the cell phone close in hand just in case I needed them...due to my hobbling status :( Not exactly the Father/Son campout but it works :)
Those radishes look AWESOME! Great job! Strange but radishes are one of Ben's favorite foods. He asks for them as a treat at the grocery store. Go figure.

Anonymous said...

I'm working on a very similar post! Todd and my boys weren't able to make it either :( Hopefully next year!

Aundrea said...

Too bad they couldn't make it! And even worse about your stimulus money:(

Rochelle said...

I think plan B looked like a lot of fun! Enjoy the heat for one more day!

Warmbeachjo said...

When is the pool going up?

Elder Caleb Habel said...

I image that you felt the same way about your stimulas check going toward the ac, as you kids did when they bit into that bitter radish. Oh so exciting and then...not really. The radishs do look good though