Friday, May 2, 2008

The most amazing gift!

I recently received the most amazing gift from my dad, and now realize that I didn't thank him nearly enough! So Dad, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!! My Dad has done an amazing job of preserving family history for us. He has spent quite a bit of time collecting, organizing and scanning in family photos. He just gave me a CD with over 4000 family photos, dating back many generations. I have just started to scratch the surface in terms of looking through them, but here are a few of my favorites so far:



These are my dad's parents, I believe this picture was taken before they were married. I just love how men always wore hats back then.


Here's my dad and his siblings, he's on the left in the back. I love the little cap my Uncle John is wearing!


This is my mom and her brothers, I think she must have had to work hard to keep them in line.


This beautiful one of my mom on her wedding day is my absolute favorite!

Thanks again Dad!

8 comments:

Shannon b said...

Wow! That IS an amazing gift! How lucky your family is to have so many old photos. It's so cool to look at photos and notice those little details (like the hat) that make you smile. You have to wonder what your grandchildren and great grandchildren are going to find funny/interesting about your current photos.
This is such a treasure!

Aundrea said...

I love to get presents like that! My grandma is so good about sharing all her memories and history with us.

I love the picture of your mom, her dress was beautiful!

sheila said...

I agree that that IS an amazing gift. I borrowed genealogy books from both sides of my family when I started doing temple work that I didn't even know existed. I think that finished Genealogy work is such a great gift to pass on to our children!

Tiffini said...

The picture of your mom reminds me of you--especially her smile--beautiful smile!!!

Rochelle said...

WOW! That i so neat! I love all of the photos, your moms brothers look so cute like they are just ready to burst into a giggle. And your mother is beautiful and her dress is so elegant.

Elder Caleb Habel said...

What a priceless treasure. I love the photo of your mom with her brothers. I think you have her smile. Thank you for sharing, I love old photographs.

Marie said...

What a wonderful gift! I like the one of your Grandparents before they were married. Do you notice how much space was between them...things have changed a little, huh?

Jodi said...

Oh my goodness...these pictures our absolutely priceless! What a treaure your Dad gave to you. I love old photos...there's a story behind each one. Looking at them takes me back in time.

I love the one of you mom with her three little brothers. Too cute!