Wednesday, May 14, 2008

My funny Rowan

If you've ever spent much time around Rowan then you've probably noticed a couple of things, like the fact that he has more energy than the average child, and that he's a total character. Here are a few funny moments with Rowan-

- Rowan is really into robots right now, he thinks it'd be really cool to be part robot. When I was hugging him the other night he assured me that it would be ok if my arm got cut off because then I could just get a robot arm and I could still hug him.
- Lately the kids have been really in to watching Iron Chef. They are big Bobby Flay fans. Rowan has decided that he's an Iron Chef judge. He critiques his meals, lets me know how many recipes I got correct, and then shakes my hand in a very official manner.
- The other day a police officer visited his class. On the way home I asked him what he learned from the police officer. He said, "if someone comes to your door and offers you a dollar, don't get too close!" I asked him what else they talked about, but he said that was all they learned.
- Rowan would much rather hop or dance than walk. This is true no matter where you are or what the situation.
- When we were recently at a doctors appointment for Grayson, Rowan talked and sang nonstop the entire time. He insisted on showing two nurses and the doctor how good he is at hopping on one leg while he sings.
- The other night when he didn't want to go to bed he very matter of fact like told me that he couldn't go to sleep, because he forgot how, and didn't want to relearn it.
- Right now Rowan's plan for his life is that he is going to grow up and buy the house next door to us, so he can come over every day and play the Wii.
- And he loves singing this song, to anyone who will listen.

(Don't you just love how he can pick his nose and sing at the same time?)

4 comments:

Aundrea said...

I love the song! He reminds me of Maika...she wants to live with us forever, when I told her "no way!" she said, "please, I'll do the dishes." Kids are so funny:)
I think I need to spend more time around Rowan, he sounds very entertaining!

Jodi said...

What a funny kid! We should get the boys together this summer...Ben has some fun songs, too that he LOVES to share with whomever will listen!
BTW...I bet you are rarely bored ;)

Tiffini said...

I love it! He is so cute--although he might be getting old enough not to like being called cute. Oh well, he is still cute!

Shannon b said...

yes, we enjoyed Rowan's gymnastic feats on Sunday. :)
maybe it's just me, but I thought I noticed a subtle bum-scratching maneuver during the song & nose-picking. I only notice it because I've got 2 boys I am getting after all the time!